The movie included “Stupid,” as indicated in the end credits: Written by Gessle, performed by Roxette. However, it was not featured in a prominent position. “Stupid” was playing in the background during one of the scenes while the characters were driving, but you can hardly hear the music due to dialogue.
There will be much comparision by movie critics between this movie and “Trainspotting,” because of similar themes and subject matter. The film had a very grainy look, similar to the “Salvation” video that was shot by Jonas on Super 8 film. There are cameo appearances from porn stars, the lead singer of Judas Priest, and the lead singer of “Smashing Pumpkins.”
“Spun” is expected to be released in movie theatres this fall. Jonas is a good friend of Per and Marie.
It seems there is no good opportunity to this great song, not even in a film.
- Produced by: Kostr Film, SVT and Film i Skäne
- Directors: Ola Simonsson, Johannes Stjärne Nilsson
- Music: Ola Simonsson
- Music productor: Magnus Börjeson
- Aspen Shortfest 2002: Ellen Award to the Most Original Film
- Bratislava Art Film Festival 2002: Silver Key
- Sequence Short Film Festival Toulouse 2002: European Prize